Megan C. Labgold is a registered U.S. patent attorney specializing in international commercial arbitration and patent litigation.
Ms. Labgold earned her J.D. from Florida International University (FIU), where she graduated cum laude. While at FIU, she earned FIU's Intellectual Property Certificate and participated in the USPTO's Law School Clinic Certification Program, which allowed law school students to practice patent and/or trademark law under supervision before the USPTO on a pro bono basis.
As a member of the International Commercial Arbitration team, Ms. Labgold represented FIU at the 26th Annual Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot in Vienna, Austria. She currently serves as a Coach for FIU's Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot Team.
Ms. Labgold regularly performs a broad range of patent opinion work (e.g., non-infringement, invalidity, unenforceability, freedom-to-operate, etc.) for multinational clients involving a wide range of technologies.
She has been involved in all phases of international commercial arbitrations, including participation in in-person and remote hearings conducted under ICC, HKIAC and UNCITRAL Rules in arbitrations seated in Tokyo and Hong Kong.
- The Florida Bar
- United States Patent & Trademark Office (Reg. No. 77,471)
- JD, Florida International University (2019)
- BA in Biology, West Virginia University (2016)
Publications & Events
- Co-Author, "Authority To Order A Remote Hearing Over A Party Objection: A Model Law Perspective", World Arbitration and Mediation Review (WAMR) 2019, Vol. 13, No. 1, (published December 2020)
Professional Community Involvement
- Coach, Florida International University College of Law's Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot Team
- Arbitrator, Annual Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot (Vienna)
- Arbitrator, Annual Willem C. Vis East International Commercial Arbitration Moot (Hong Kong)
- Associate, ICDR Young and International Section
- Moot Alumni Association (MAA)
- International Council for Commercial Arbitration - Young ICCA
- Institute for Transnational Arbitration - Young ITA
- ICC Young Arbitrators Forum (YAF)
- Thailand Arbitration Center - Young THAC
- International Commercial Arbitration
- Patent Litigation
- Patent Opinions & Counselling
- Practice before the USPTO
- Unfair Competition Litigation and Arbitration